While the coronavirus pandemic continues to be front and center in the news and in the thoughts of many people, other health issues have not gone away. People are still getting back and neck pain, overuse injuries, and injuries while at work. Many of these people would benefit from seeing a physical therapist, but some of them are reluctant because of concerns over COVID-19. That’s understandable. Physical therapy clinics are busy places, with lots of people coming and going, right? They used to be, but things are different now. Just like every other business and public place, PT clinics have made changes to allow them to continue to serve patients while keeping both patients and staff safe. Here are some common changes Carolina Rehab makes to reduce the risk of COVID spreading among patients and staff.
Carolina Rehab’s Scheduling and Patient Flow
- We adjust the total number of people we see each day to allow for social distancing in the clinic
- We can use a staggered schedule to avoid people coming in at the same time
- Carolina Rehab requires that patients and staff be screened as they enter the building using questions and temperature checks
- We have designated areas for therapists and their patients to reduce contact between different groups of people
- Equipment is adequately spaced to allow for more distancing between patients
As physical therapists, we are medical professionals who were trained to deal with infectious diseases and how to keep people safe long before COVID-19 existed. By making changes throughout our workflows and patient experiences, physical therapy practices have reduced the risk of spreading COVID among their staff and patient populations, while continuing to deliver needed services to the public. If you are in need of PT treatment but are hesitant to come into our clinic, please give us a call and talk about what policies and procedures we have in place and let us address any concerns you may have. This is a time of uncertainty, but people are reacting with flexibility and creativity. Don’t let concerns over COVID keep you in pain or from the treatment you need. We are here to help.